Sunday, October 20, 2013

Journey to publishing update #9

Final proofread done! All 224 (8 1/2 x 11) single-space pages, 100%.

Next step: update the word document with the changes noted on the paper.

Tidbits about my writing habits. I:


  • always use a Cross pen with blue (not red) ink to edit and proofread all of my stories and books. The pen is the black matte finish with gold trim.
  • use a Skilcraft clipboard whose providence and age is unknown.
  • always work with music on; Rock and Roll Oldies are my favorite.
  • don't have a "writer's place" where I work. Instead, I write in the living room, sometimes with the TV on if my wife wants to watch something. This is contrary to "writer's advice" which says you must have a place to call your own. But then, I remember reading about James Wight (Herriot) who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small books. He wrote in the living room with the TV on, too. It just comes down to whether you need silence, which I don't.

Back later today with another update.

Let me know if you have any questions about what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment