Sunday, October 20, 2013

Journey to publishing update #10

After completing the proofread this morning, I finalized the book description (blurb), acknowledgements, and author's notes and added them to the Word document. Created the title pages, the copyright page, the dedication page, and the table of contents for Kindle links. Formatting for Kindle appears to be done, however I will need to review it again tomorrow.

The next steps for Kindle are to create the book on my bookshelf and upload the file and the cover file.

For the paperback edition, I use Amazon's Createspace. The file formatting for that is considerably different, since it's a physical book. I'll take the "master" file and change it to a 6x9 inch paper size, which will increase the number of pages from 224 to around 330 or so, plus the pages I mentioned above.

My goal is to publish next weekend. We'll see how the week goes!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment