Monday, October 14, 2013

Journey to publishing update #3

I just realized I haven't explained completely what I'm doing. I am self-publishing my third book, the second in the Sgt. Dunn Novel series. This set of blog posts is reporting the work I am doing to finish the book so I can publish it on Kindle and CreateSpace (the paperback version), both will be for sale on Amazon.com. My first novel, Operation Devil's Fire can be seen here: 
 http://amzn.com/B005EC3PE2 

To give myself some credentials: Operation Devil's Fire hit #7 in the War genre in 2012.

By work, I mean everything: writing, editing, formatting, getting the cover together (design by my friend David M. Jones), writing the description, the copyright page, the also by Ronn Munsterman page, and now the final run through of the manuscript, the proofread. Here I am only changing things that are wrong, typos, left out words, etc. No more "gee this word would be nice!" Forget that. I'll never get done. Plus I have day job. Building the website and the posting it. Now don't get me wrong, I love this work, or I wouldn't even do it.

Today's progress

Proofread up to page 50, or 22.3% of the total. My manuscript is 224 8.5 x 11 pages, single space, with one inch margins all around. The paperback will be around 330 - 340 pages, or about the same size as the first book.Remember, I'm trying to get this published in the next two weeks, and certainly by the end of October. Why, you ask? I just need to get it out of the house so I can actually watch a baseball game or two. As it is, it's 10:50pm CDT and I'm getting sleepy.

Then I have to format the file for Kindle and CreateSpace and submit them for publication.

Then there's the Public Relations work to do . . . .

Let me see your comments! Let's start a conversation! . . . . 

Ask me questions.

Thanks

Ronn

No comments:

Post a Comment