Thursday, December 20, 2018

Fun with editing!

I finished the first edit for Hunting Sgt. Dunn. I use Word's text to speech function because it helps me find a lot of things like missing words that are very hard to see in the document. I's a male voice (I call him Ralph) and it does a pretty good job, however it has some quirks that make me smile:

One of the character's nickname is Jonesy. Humans pronounce it Jones-ee. Ralph says Jone-a-see.

Others: 
grimace, humans - grim-us, Ralph - gray-mace.
Another nickname: Rupie, humans - ru-pee, Ralph - ru-pi.
Dave Cross and his "ayup", humans uh-yup, Ralph - Long A-yup..

Ralph, bless his heart, helped me uncover one of the funniest typos I've ever written:

Actual sentence: toggle stitches
Correct sentence: toggle switches

Ah, it's just one letter!

On to edit number 2. Say "ayup," Ralph!. 


No comments:

Post a Comment